DATA PROTECTION POLICY NOTICE
Our Commitment to Privacy
Your privacy is important to us. It is our policy to never sell or trade your personal or contact information to marketers. We continue to stand by this policy today. To better protect your privacy, we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used.
The Way We Use Information
We do make use of information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information:
● To present our Site and its contents to you.
● To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us. To provide customer service to you, it is necessary for us to disclose information to our affiliates and other agents and /or tour operators that work with us. We do not share your information with outside parties except as provided herein and to the extent necessary to provide you service and maintain our Site.
● To fulfil any purpose for which you provide information.
● To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
● To notify you about changes to our Site or any product developments or changes to services we offer or provide through it.
We may also use your information to contact you about our goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please tick the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your information (e.g. newsletter subscribe form), or send us an e-mail stating your request to email@example.com. If we have sent you a promotional e-mail, you may also send us a return e-mail asking to be omitted from future e-mails. Note, these opt outs do not apply to information provided to Wild Blue Lodge via the Site as a result of a reservation.
Publicly Displayed Information is Public
Browser Information Collected on the Website
Various elements of data sets may be collected to track the usefulness of certain actions and to ultimately improve the value to customers of the Site. Please note that at no time does Wild Blue Lodge gather, request, record, require, collect or track any type of Internet users' Personal Information (as listed above) through these processes.
For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, the platform for which the Site resides on - commonly known as a "production environment", utilizes a wide-range of software tools and programs for the ultimate goal of ensuring its confidentiality, integrity, and availability (CIA) - a concept known as the CIA triad of information security. Tools which are currently in use, or are to be deployed if necessary for the security of the Site are to include, but are not limited to, the following:
● Network Security and Network Monitoring: Tools that assist in securing the network for which the Site resides on. Such tools include network and perimeter firewalls, web application firewalls, routers, switches, intrusion detection systems, and other related tools.
● Network Performance: Tools that assist in monitoring all aspects of the Site, such as performance monitoring for website uptime, etc.
● Other: Additionally, a variety of physical, electronic and procedural safeguards are implemented for helping ensure the safety and security of the Site.
Except for authorized law enforcement investigations by local, provincial or state agencies, no other attempts are made by Wild Blue Lodge to identify individual users and/or their usage habits on the Site.
The Site may contain links to websites created and maintained by other public and/or private organizations. Wild Blue Lodge provides these links as a courtesy to our users only. When users click on a link to an external website, they are leaving the Site and are thus subject to the privacy and security policies and the related terms and conditions of these external websites.
Cookies & Pixels
A cookie is a small file that a website can place on your computer's hard drive in order to collect information about your activities on the site or to make it easier to use certain site functions. The cookie transmits this information back to the website's computer. Many users do not know that cookies are being placed on their computers when they visit websites. If you want to know when this happens, or prevent it from happening, you can set your browser to warn you when a website attempts to place a cookie on your computer.
The Information We Collect
We collect several types of information from and about our customers and users of our Site, including information:
● by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address or telephone
● number ("Personal Information");
● that is about you but individually does not identify you; and/or
● about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Site and usage details.
We collect this information:
● Directly from you when you provide it to us.
● Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
● WE MUST STATE CREDIT CARD INFORMATION for the sole purpose to process payment – BUT DON’T KEEP IT ON RECORD after the transaction has been made.
Information You Provide to Us. The information we collect may include: ● Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Site, subscribing to our newsletter services, email registrations, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Site.
● Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
● Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes. ● Details of transactions you carry out through our Site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
● Your search queries on the Site.
● Information that you provide through phone, mail interactions or paper registrations that you submit to Wild Blue Lodge via the Site.
Usage Details, IP Addresses, Cookies.
As you navigate through and interact with our Site, we may automatically collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including: ● Details of your visits to our Site, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Site. ● Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data. It helps us to improve our Site and to deliver a better and more personalized service. The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include Cookies and Web Beacons.
When you interact with Wild Blue Lodge on our Site or otherwise, such as when you call our reservations or support staff, you may be required to provide financial information before booking accommodation through our Site. For example, we may collect Personal Information relevant to the situation, such as your name, country of origin, phone number, email address, and contact preferences; your credit card information; and information relating to a support issue.
Our Commitment to Data Security
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures designed to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
This Site offers encryption of sensitive data. Doing so helps to protect the confidentiality of your personal and credit card information while it is transmitted over the Internet. No method of transmission over the Internet, or electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to protect your Personal Information with commercially acceptable practices, we cannot guarantee absolute security. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site.
On Site Subscriptions
WIld Blue Lodge offers one on site subscription. A newsletter that may be subscribed to at no cost, and primarily focused on industry news and regular updates on renovations and specials. To join click here for more information. You can opt-out of any Wild Blue Lodge newsletter at any time via the link provided at the bottom of each newsletter mailing, or by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Our Commitment to Children's Privacy
Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important. For that reason, Wild Blue Lodge never knowingly collects or maintains information at our Site from those under 13, and no part of our Site is directed at anyone under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Site. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will use our best efforts to delete the information as soon as possible.
How You Can Access or Correct Your Information
Wild Blue Lodge will make good-faith efforts to provide you with reasonable access to your Personal Information for the purpose of correcting this data. To request updates to your information, contact us at email@example.com . Should you have other questions or concerns about these privacy policies, please contact us.
All information accessed through the Site is in compliance with the required information security mandates of Article 32 of the GDPR. Specifically, Article 32 mandates the following: ● Implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk, including inter alia as appropriate:
▪ The pseudonymisation and encryption of personal data.
▪ The ability to ensure the ongoing confidentiality, integrity, availability and resilience of processing systems and services.
▪ The ability to restore the availability and access to personal data in a timely manner in the event of a physical or technical incident.
▪ A process for regularly testing, assessing and evaluating the effectiveness of technical and organizational measures for ensuring the security of the processing.
● To our subsidiaries, affiliates, agents and tour operators.
● To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business.
● To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Wild Blue Lodge's assets.
● For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
We may also disclose your Personal Information:
● To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
● If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Wild Blue Lodge, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
The Site includes hypertext links, or pointers, to information created and maintained by other public and/or private organizations. As such, Wild Blue Lodge only provides these links for your information and convenience, thus, when you select a link to an outside website, you are leaving the Site and therefore subject to the privacy and security policies of these external websites. Additionally, please note the following:
● Wild Blue Lodge does not control or guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness, or completeness of information contained on a linked website.
● Wild Blue Lodge does not endorse the organizations sponsoring linked websites and we do not endorse the views they express or the products/services they offer. ● Wild Blue Lodge therefore cannot authorize the use of copyrighted materials contained in linked websites. Users must request such authorization from the sponsor of the linked website.
● Wild Blue Lodge is not responsible for transmissions users receive from linked websites.
The laws of South Africa will govern any dispute or claim arising out of this Policy.
“Wild Blue Lodge” refers to: Jackee Blue (Pty) Ltd T/A Wild Blue Lodge.
Subject to POPI (Protection Of Personal Information Act) / GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation): POPI & GDPR
Ndlovumzi Nature Reserve